In the summer, I like to eat beef carpaccio quite often. It's so expensive in the restaurants, and we don't really know how it's prepared. So, on Sunday mornings, I prepare my carpaccio at home with using a good meat with Damya Olive Oil we have a taste of the Mediterranean! The success of this recipe lies in the quality of its ingredients, and it's so quick and easy to prepare.
Makes 4 servings
- 600 g or 1.5 lb beef tenderloin (one piece 6 cm thick)
- 50 g or 2 oz parmesan cheese
- 300g or 10 oz baby spinach
- 7 tbsp. Damya Robust Olive Oil
- 2 lemons
- 4 marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- Marinated artichokes
- Salt and pepper
- Put the meat in a "special freezing" bag; place in the freezer and leave it for 1 hour so that it is firm and easy to cut
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: wash and spin dry the baby spinach and put in salad bowl
- Prepare the sauce in a bowl with the juice of one lemon, 4 tbsp. tablespoon olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Emulsify with a fork and refrigerate
- Cut the parmesan into shavings
- Remove the chilled meat from the bag and cut it into slices as thin as possible. Lay a slice of meat between two sheets of plastic wrap and flatten it with a rolling pin until it becomes transparent. Repeat the operation with the other slices.
- Arrange these thin slices of beef on a serving plate. Arrange the spinach on the slices of meat; spread the parmesan shavings over the meat, add the dried tomatoes, artichokes, olives and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of Damya Robust Olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with a lemon cut into quarters.