Starter or aperitif? We let you choose how to serve our classic recipe for bruschetta. We love the contrast between the crispy bread rubbed with garlic, the softness of the burrata and the tang of the cherry tomatoes. Yummmmm.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 slices bread
- 8 garlic cloves
- 10 to 12 oz burrata cheese
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- Damya Biodynamic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Provencal herbs
- 5 basil leaves
- Espelette Pepper Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the cherry tomatoes in an oven dish, drizzle with a good drizzle of olive oil, add the garlic cloves, a few pinches of salt, pepper, provencal herbs and Espelette pepper. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the tomatoes are tender; stir once during cooking.
- Soak the slices of bread with olive oil and grill them in a frying pan then rub them with the halved clove of garlic. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cut the burrata into slices and place them on the bread. Add the cherry tomatoes then add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cut the basil leaves and place them on the tomatoes.