This refreshing soup is perfect for spring and summer - you puree the cucumber to make a smooth soup and our Damya Unfiltered Olive Oil perfectly balances the tanginess of the yogurt fresh herbs.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 and 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 and 1/4 cup of milk of your choice
- 15 fresh mint leaves
- A dozen sprigs of basil
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Dash of paprika powder
- 6 tbsp Damya Unfiltered Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel, halve, seed and slice the cucumbers
- Slice the onions
- Peel and chop the garlic
- Wash, pat dry and finely chop the fresh mint and basil leaves
- Pour the sliced cucumbers, onions, garlic, mint, basil, parsley, milk, and the Greek yogurt into the bowl of a food processor. Add the Damya Unfiltered Olive Oil and a teaspoon of paprika powder, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix for several seconds until smooth.
- Present as an aperitif or starter accompanied by toasted bread with Damya Olive Oil infused with garlic
Optional: Sauté 2 tbsp breadcrumbs with paprika in Olive Oil; add for additional garnish as shown.