Damya is a family-founded and family-run artisanal Olive Oil brand, and we are exclusively available at specialty stores throughout northern California and via our website.
We're growing rapidly, and If you would like to see us carried at a store near you, please ask your local retailer to carry us, and also let us know at email@example.com.
Olive Oil: Tunisia's Best Kept Secret
- Did you know? Olive oil has been a tradition in Tunisia for over 3000 years, since before the Romans.
- In the last century, Tunisian farmers have put significant investment into organic farming methods...Tunisia is now the largest Organic Olive Oil producer in the world!
- Tunisia’s southern Mediterranean climate is ideal for olive growing; the risk of diseases is extremely low, and even non-organic certified farms rarely use pesticides or nitrogen fertilizers.
- For hundreds of years, Tunisian Olive Oil had been exported to Italy, Spain, Greece and repackaged. Tunisian oil, direct from Tunisia and labeled as Tunisian, was formally introduced to the world market only 20 years ago.
- Tunisia’s cultivation of olive trees dates back to the 8th century BC. The olive tree has been cultivated by Berbers, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Romans and Arabs, in a tradition that has been passed down from generation to generation.